Sunday, September 6, 2015

Gratitude

Thomas S. Monson has said, "A grateful heart comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives."

My heart is filled to bursting with gratitude today, and I must share it with all of you. I cannot sit back, as I am abundantly blessed and not thank God and all the angels he has put in place in our lives. 

Our dear friend Megan informed us the other night that she wanted to start a GoFundMe account for us and baby Max. She knows that we have a long road ahead of us with Max, and while we do not yet know everything we will have to face, we do know that there will be many expenses. We were so touched by her amazing gesture, but it made Tyler and I uncomfortable and embarrassed. I could think of SO many other people who could use that kind of help so much more than us. I just didn't know how to feel about this. She assured us it was how she wanted to help, and so it was posted. The words she wrote about us were beyond the sweetest and kindest that anyone could ever say. Those words, and the act alone of her creating and sharing the account was enough to make us feel so loved, but then...

Friends, family, and others started sharing it as well. More beautiful and kind words about Tyler, Max, and I were expressed. We were so moved. We were more than overwhelmed by the love that we felt pouring over us. I could not believe the generosity. I could not believe how people spoke of us and donated to us. 

Our cup, seriously, runner over.  I have never felt so humbled. I have never felt so surrounded by the arms of God through my relationships with others. 

Through all that we have endured you all have loved us, supported us, shared our story, hugged us, prayed for us, fasted for us, given us gifts, given Max gifts, and now even this. It is all just so incredible. It is all so amazing. Each of you make us want to be better people, better family. better friends. We hope to find some way to thank you all individually for all you have done. 

But please know that we are so SO grateful to each of you. We love you so much. Max is so blessed to have so many people praying for him and rooting for him. And we are so blessed to know you all. We thank our Lord for giving us family and friends who are ever-present angels in our lives. We pray that he blesses each of you for all you do for us. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment