Sunday, May 8, 2016

Why I Still Love Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day.

This year I will celebrate my 3rd Mother's Day. And, while I have been a Mother for nearly 2 and a half years, I have yet to hold a baby in my arms for this holiday. My first Mother's Day came 3 months after miscarriage and my 2nd was filled with joy and hope while pregnant with Max. 

But, here I am again, a mother with empty arms. 

So, you may ask, why would I love this holiday? A holiday that for so long reminded me that I was not a mother, when I wanted to be so badly, and now reminds me of the children I never got to bring home. Despite the heartache and longing that has accompanied this holiday for the past 4+ years, I could never hate a day that is dedicated to celebrating the greatest gift the Lord could give me.

Motherhood is, by far, the world's greatest calling. As women, we have such a special gift for nurturing. Our incredible bodies have the ability to create, grow, and carry life. Our hearts have an amazing ability to love beyond what we ever thought we were capable of. It is who we are. Whether our babies were grown within us, or grew in our hearts, no one can ever really love like a mother can.

After all the time I spent wondering if I would ever become a mother, I could never hate a holiday that celebrates the greatest gift I was ever given. Even though my babies are not with me, I am overwhelmed with joy just to be included as a mom. It is all I ever wanted, and since that first positive pregnancy test has molded who I am every day.

I know that some moms don't enjoy Mother's Day, and I cannot even understand that. I guess, for some, it fills them with self doubt and worry about the kind of mother they have been.

So, to the moms out there who do not love Mother's Day, I ask you to count your blessings. You should be so grateful for this holiday. You should thank the Lord and count all your lucky stars that you are a mother, and you should celebrate! Think of all the woman throughout the world who pray every day for what you have. When your children gather around you or call you today, think of all the women whose homes and arms are empty.

Ask yourself this: Do I love my children? Do I care about them above everything else? Do I show them my love? Do I protect them? Do I teach them?

If the answer is Yes, then you are a wonderful mother. It is as simple as that.

I leave you with a dear quote from Jeffrey Holland,
"To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle—and all will—I say, 'Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are.'" 
Be grateful for motherhood, cherish it. There are so many who are wishing for it.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
To those whose babies have yet to come, and those who have angels: my heart is with you this day and I pray for your comfort.

XO



5 comments:

  1. Nice one!! I like it, An architect is different from others. He looks perfection and design in all things. It is easy to decide on a gift for your friend. But if you are trying to list out presents for architects you have to put some thought into it. Here are some gift ideas for architects. Click here for more; https://www.unusualgifts.in/25-unusual-gifts-architect/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very touching article! Happy Mother's day and god bless you with a wonderful baby. Mother's Day is a celebration honoring the mother of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. But don't forget to wish your mother by giving her a lovely flower bouquet. It's time to celebrate your motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article!! Over the years blogging has become a marketing strategy and a profession too. A blogger can start his or her work without much investment. But more the blogging grows; they need better equipment and tools to build a bigger network.There are many gift items in the market that can be given as gifts for bloggers. Here, I will list out some of those gifts. Click here for more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking for gift ideas for woodworkers? It may seem like a difficult task but it is not. You can search online and also in the nearby stores for woodworking gift ideas. Here are some of the gift for woodworkers for your reference. Click here for more;

    ReplyDelete