Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I'm thankful for my trials!

I have been participating in the "30 Days of Thankful" on facebook and instagram. I started it here on my blog with my post about being thankful for all of our AWESOME friends. I have posted serious gratitude for my amazing husband and our sweet parents. I have posted funnies like, today, I'm thankful that Lyss taught me to cut out snowflakes- Yes, I really didn't know how. No, it is NOT easy ;)

As this month bursts with pant seams and gratitude I am reminded that, as we struggle through the greatest trial of our life, I must reiterate how truly THANKFUL I am for this experience. I still wouldn't wish infertility on my worst enemy. And our two years and a few thousand dollars is no comparison to those that struggle for longer for tens of thousands of dollars. I pray, cry, send love, and tip my hat to all of you!!

However, as hard (understatement) as these last two years have been I must say that I see the Lord's hand in my life and I thank him for what I have learned, the blessings I have seen, and the love I have felt. It doesn't mean I'm not sad sometimes, because my heart sometimes absolutely breaks in two. It means that the Lord has blessed me to see my loving family and who my true friends are, those who grab my heart and hold it together when I cannot.

I am thankful that I have learned more than ever to turn to the scriptures for guidance. The words of Christ and his prophets bring peace to my soul.

I am thankful for prayer and the joy that is felt from communicating with my Father in Heaven.

I am thankful that the past two years have brought Tyler and I closer together. He has never made me feel inferior and stops me from blaming myself. I know more than ever the strength of his love for me and I will have to live a thousand more years to even try to convey that same love in return.

I am thankful for parents that love, guide, and protect us even when we are fully grown. They hold out their open arms when we fall apart, and like children again, we curl up in their love. In seeing this we have learned the love and wisdom it takes to be parents, and I am forever grateful.

I am thankful for the opportunity to be an aunt before being a mom. I have the opportunity to completely spoil and dote on 2 (one is on his way) baby boys.

I am thankful for finding the Reproductive Care Center ! I feel so grateful to be under the care of a clinic and doctor who truly care about me. I know that with their help we will be able to get through this and have a family.

These are just a few of the MANY things I am thankful for thanks to this trial. So, even if you are facing something awful right now. Step back and see if you can look for the blessings. I promise they are there. I promise Heavenly Father is there for you and wants what is best for you. He has a GREAT plan. We just have to wait for it.

Much Love.
Be thankful.

XO


2 comments:

  1. This is really awesome and so very true! There is a scripture in the Bible about Paul being thankful for his trials. I remember praying to Heavenly Father about our trials and then thanking him for them. There are some trials I could never have, so I have to be thankful for the ones he has given to me!
    Hang in there! It will all work out, maybe not the way or in the time we expect, but it will all work out, it always does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really awesome and so very true! There is a scripture in the Bible about Paul being thankful for his trials. I remember praying to Heavenly Father about our trials and then thanking him for them. There are some trials I could never have, so I have to be thankful for the ones he has given to me!
    Hang in there! It will all work out, maybe not the way or in the time we expect, but it will all work out, it always does!

    ReplyDelete